Super Drinks for Pregnancy provides over 100 easy-to-follow recipes developed to meet the nutritional needs of pregnant and breastfeeding women. Moreover, because certain complaints during pregnancy often mean a woman finds eating solids difficult, and once her baby is born, time for eating becomes restricted, these quick-to-prepare liquid meals are the perfect solution to keep a woman nourished, energised and optimally healthy.
- Dozens of easy-to-prepare recipes for delicious juices, smoothies, teas, tisanes, dessert drinks and soups
- Recipes created to meet a pregnant woman's nutritional needs and those of her baby
- A complete nutritional profile is offered for each recipe plus its benefits in pregnancy or while breastfeeding
- Advice on seasonal choices and choosing and using the best equipment and the freshest, most nutrient-packed ingredients
- Guidance on preparing and storing drinks and soups safely
- Full-colour step-by-step preparation sequences and recipe photographs
- Special features on 'super' ingredients and presentation and serving ideas
- In-depth information on nutritional needs in pregnancy
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Fiona Wilcock was a nutrition scientist and lecturer in the subject for many years before becoming an independent nutrition consultant to many influential organisations and successful author. She has provided recipes and technical advice to Cow & Gate, Marks & Spencer, Good Housekeeping, Disney and Babylicious as well as to the UK's Food Standards Agency. She is the author of the Gourmand award-winning Complete Pregnancy Cookbook .